The Match Group has set the terms for its initial public offering, which it filed last month. Take a look at what it’s aiming to raise during its IPO. Also, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is opening its doors today. Meanwhile, Health Wildcatters is gearing up for Pitch Day, Tech Titans are readying for its hiring expo and Rev Tech and Tech Wildcatter are seeking applicants for their programs.
Take a look at this week’s five things you should know:
- The Match Group plans to raise up to $536.7 million in its initial public offering, upping its previous expectations of $100 million. The Dallas-based company set the terms Monday for the IPO. It plans to sell 38.33 million shares at a price ranging between $12 and $14 per share. The company plans to trade on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “MTCH.” The company, which, in addition to Match.com, also owns dating sites OkCupid, PlentyOfFish and Tinder said it had 59 million monthly active users and 4.7 million paid members as of the third quarter. Read more about its IPO here.
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will host a grand opening ceremony for its Dallas satellite office on Monday. The office is expected to house 100 patent examiners, resources and educational outreach regarding patents and innovation. Read more about the office and how it could affect Dallas business.
- Health Wildcatters will wrap up its third class on Thursday with Pitch Day. The event begins at 2:30 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre and will feature the 10 startups in the 2015 class: Codegi, Dynofit, DUALALMS, Exhale Healthcare Advocate, Flow MedTech, md Portal, Insight Optics, Noninvasix, Obaa and Vida Sanas. An after party will follow at 5 p.m. at Health Wildcatters’ headquarters at Alto 211, 211 N. Ervay.
- Tech Titans will host a hiring expo from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Richardson Civic Center, 411 W. Arapaho Road. The expo, which aims to help local companies hire technology professionals, is free. Candidates are asked to bring a digital copy of their resumes to upload to the database at the event.
- Rev Tech and Tech Wildcatters accelerator programs are accepting applicants for their 2016 classes. Tech Wildcatters’ class will begin in February 2016. Early applications are due Dec. 11, and the final deadline is Jan. 13. Rev Tech applications are due May 1. The 14-week program will run from June to September.
Danielle covers technology and startups for the Dallas Business Journal. Subscribe to our new TechFlash email newsletter.